1) I spent almost eight hours today editing a paper. It only took two for me to remember that in three years of grad school, I burnt myself out on academic writing forever.
2) I smoked while I was trying to get the writing done because otherwise people I love were going to die. Needless to say, I now regret that decision.
3) I got sour straws in the mail and they provided all the joy and comfort that the cigarettes didn’t.
4) I cooked lovely food (see above), did four loads of laundry, and descaled the Keurig for the first time in about three months. The coffee tastes really good tonight.
5) I made myself a cup of hot chocolate this evening, and when I stopped to think about it, I realized that it was my first cup in about three years. I don’t know how that happened, but I can guarantee that it won’t happen again. #newnightlyritual
6) I learned what “No Nut November” is, and I have no intention of repeating it. But if you need a little amusement in your life, ask a teenager you know to explain it to you. Mine did quite a lot of stammering and blushing.
7) We made Thanksgiving plans this afternoon, and I am so excited!